In 1912 Bernhard Hermann founded his family business in Sonneberg which he named after his initials "BE HA" and started to produce teddy bears and dolls. In 1948 he along with his sons moved his business to Hirschaid near Bamberg, todays site of the company. It is here that the actual rise of the company to one of the most renowned in its industry branch began.
Today Teddy-Hermann GmbH, is directed by Dorothee Weinhold and Bernd Mischner. So the great-granddaughter and great-grandson continue the tradition of the family business by producing premium teddy bears and plush animals.